Getting Started : Starting the Game for the First Time
When you first start the game you will learn the basics of the game and start setting up your first load out.
First off there are two ways of getting cool stuff in War Inc.
-These are earned in game and can be exchanged in the store.
- These are purchased with real money using a credit card, PayPal, or SMS. You can also earn Gold Credits through Daily rewards, and Community Challenges. Gold Credits can be purchased here: https://account.thewarinc.com/store_cc.php.
While it’s more convenient to use Gold Credits, You can still use War Points for almost everything.
When playing for the first time, users are provided with 5000 WP to help start them off in the game.
On the next screen you will select a specialization for your first loadout.
• Assault characters can move faster, carry more armor and retain speed. They are best with Assault Rifles.
• Medic characters have added health and healing abilities as well as specialize in Secondary weapons such as Shotgun, Submachine Gun, and Rockets
• Recon characters can spot and detect enemy on the mini map more efficiently as well as have better stealth abilities. Recon characters specialize in Sniper Rifles.
• Engineer characters have higher potentials for using and surviving explosives and are best with the Light Machine Guns.
Pick the class that best suits your play style. You’ll be able to create more characters and switch between them while playing in game.My Mercs: Your Loadouts
On the My Mercs menu you can view all of the loadouts you own, what each loadout has equipped and information on your currencies, levels, XP and skill points.
Each loadout has its own skill points as well as its own level, class, and equipment based on what you choose. You can switch between your loadouts using the buttons on the bottom. You can also modify the loadout you have selected by clicking the big red INVENTORY button.
To unlock a new loadout, click on the loadout you want to unlock, it will bring up a new menu where you can select the class for your new loadout. You can purchase the loadout using GC.Inventory
On the MY MERCS screen click the INVENTORY button, this will take you to your inventory for that loadout. It will look like this:
From here you can change your equipment; this includes weapons, armor, items/abilities, loot crates and even your skills.
You can switch between your Equipment (weapons) Character (armor) Loot Crates, and Skill Tree using the menu tabs at the top.
Change between your weapon slots using the slots on the bottom. The slots available are primary, secondary and pistols as well as four item slots for explosives (grenades/mines) useable items, and abilities.
In each slot you have different choices you can equip
• Primary: Assault Rifles, Snipers, and Machine Guns
• Secondary: Sub Machine Guns, Shotguns, and Support
• Item Slots: Explosives, Useable items, and abilities
you can switch between these by clicking on the red buttons near the top of the screen.
In the main area of the screen you can see and scroll through the weapons you currently own, as well as ones you can purchase for the slot you have selected.
On the right side you can see the stats for the current weapon you have selected, you will also see the upgrades you currently have on the weapon if you have rented, or own it. If you don’t currently have possession of the selected weapon, you will see options to purchase the weapon using WP or GC instead of the customize options.
You can add cool attachments to your weapons like scopes, muzzles, and flashlights in our customization screen. To get there select the weapon you want to customize and click the big red CUSTOMIZE button
This will take you to the WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION SCREEN
Simply select the part you want to modify and it’ll pop up a list of attachments you can add to that slot, select and purchase the attachment you want, and be sure to click the green INSTALL button.
You can test your attachments in the shooting range; simply click the SHOOTING RANGE button on the customization screen.Skills
Click on the Skill Tree tab in your inventory to go to the skills page, from here you can assign your skill points earned from leveling to gain unique useable abilities, passive skills and stat boosts.
You can see what each skill does, how much skill points it costs, and how many skill points you have in here. There are 3 tiers in the skill tree, each tier offers different skills, and is unlocked after you put enough points in the first tier for that tree.
To learn a skill click on the skill you want to learn, and click the LEARN button. This will bring up a prompt showing you how much skill points it costs, and how much you will have after learning it. Click YES if you’re sure you want to learn that skill.
Each class has its own tree, so make sure to check out them all!Joining and Creating a Game
To join or create games, click on the PLAY GAME tab
• Browse Games: Browse through the available servers that are already up
• Quick Match: Automatically puts you into a server based on the settings you chose
• Create Game: Create your own game, with settings you choose
-Practice: Creates a practice game, you can password it but you won’t get XP or WP in these.
-Basic Game: Creates a basic game with default settings, you can choose the map.
-Premium Game: Creates a premium game with settings of your choice
-Sabotage: Creates a sabotage game with settings of your choice
You may get a warning message if you try to join a server for higher level players:
It’s up to you if you want to go against higher level players or not, but it’s recommended to try low level servers at first.Controls
Once you’ve joined a game, it’s time to get into the action! The controls are pretty basic and easy to use.
• Use keys W,A,S,D to move your character
• Use 1-5 to switch between your weapons and items
• Use the left mouse button to shoot
• Use the right mouse button to aim down the sights
• Use SPACE to jump
• Use CTRL to crouch
• Use K to change your weapons fire rate (this doesn’t work for all weapons)
• Press Enter to chat, use /g to talk to global and /t to talk to team
• Use E to pick up other weapons, and plant/defuse bombs.
• Use TAB to bring up the scoreboard
• Use ESCAPE to bring up the in-game menu.